Cathy Smith Coaching is a business that provides professional and personal coaching.
What is Coaching
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/ plan for achieving those goals.
Coaching is not advice, therapy, or counselling, it may address specific personal projects, business successes or general conditions in the client’s life or profession. The premise of coaching is that the client is whole, creative and resourceful and has the answers needed to reach their goals and as a coach, we facilitate this process.
Coaching is advice free, judgement free, solution focused, future focused, client centred, based on an equal partnership between coach and client and is strength based. Throughout the working relationship, the coach will engage in direct, personal and group conversations where applicable.
The client (you) can count on the coach to be honest and straightforward in asking questions and making requests. The client understands that the power of the coaching relationship can only be granted by the client, and the client agrees to do just that: have the coaching relationship be powerful.
If the client believes the coaching is not working as desired, the client will communicate that belief, and take action to return the power to the coaching relationship.
Intellectual Property, Confidentiality and Privacy Intellectual Property
During our discussions and arrangement, we may provide clients with access to information in relation to our business, Tools, business systems/ operations, case studies, that are not publicly available. The client acknowledges and agrees that:
Confidentiality and privacy
- They will not discuss or disclose this confidential information to anyone
- they will not copy, distributes or share this information with anyone
- they may copy any tools and techniques provided in our session and use them for their own personal use, not commercial use
Trust and openness are critical to a successful coaching relationship. We understand that clients May share with us personal or company information that is private. We commit that:
Level of Confidentiality
- All the information shared is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any person except where we are required by law or court order
- The coach will not give out the name of any client as a reference without consent
- if the client is an organisation or company they may, during the coaching relationship, divulge company plans, business dealings and other Proprietary information. The coach will not at any time, either directly or indirectly, use any such information for the coach’s own benefit
- if you are a client receiving coaching via workplace coaching agreement, we will not disclose your information or details of our coaching sessions to any person, including your employer, except where the level of confidentiality agreed upon allows certain information to be shared, or when we acquired by law or court order
- We adhere to the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
- All information captured used by us solely for providing personalised coaching services to the client and maintaining our client database. It will be securely stored in a computer, dropbox or other secure virtual storage programs and apps and will be password protected.
- If coaching is provided as part of a workplace coaching agreement the company and employee understand and agree that the employee must be provided with the necessary privacy to communicate freely and confidentially with the coach. The company agrees that the employee will not be compelled to participate, and neither the employee or the coach will be expected or compelled to disclose the substance of the coaching meetings to the company.
- Technology provides both client and coach the ability to record coaching sessions. All parties agree and acknowledge that no session can be recorded without the express consent of both parties prior to the session.
The level of confidentiality for the coaching relationship in a corporate setting is determined prior to the commencement of the coaching relationship;
Level 1: Complete confidentiality (nothing is shared outside of the coaching relationship)
Level 2: Tight confidentiality (Coach reports back to the organisation after coachee signs off on reports)
Level 3: Limited confidentiality (Coach reports back to the organisation on areas requested by management. Coach meets with client and organisation periodically)
This document reflects the entire agreement between the coach and the client and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral agreements. The agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the coach and the client.
The client agrees that they have read and understood the terms and conditions within this agreement and will abide by them. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.
Thank you for wading through all this paperwork and completing the form.