I’ve come to the realization after not only being a Life Coach, but also running my business for over 20 years, that time cannot be managed.
Think of it.
Each of us have access to the same amount of time. Each week we have 7 days and each 7 days we have 168 hours.
We are unable to change this. That’s just the way it is.
What we can do though, is change ourselves. (Yes, I know that seems like a lot of work, but really, it’s just time managing yourself!)
This is called self-management.
Using this to our advantage, we now know that it’s not the amount of time we have that is important; it’s how we use it.
Think of someone you look up to. Someone who is successful.
They have the exact same amount of time each and every one of us have. The only difference is that they understand how to use their time effectively and efficiently.
This is something you can learn!
So if you’re unsure how to start effectively managing your time, don’t worry.
Useful Time Management Techniques To Help You Find More Time In The Day
When do you work most efficiently? Find the time of day (or night) that you work your best.
- Prioritise! Make a list of each of the tasks or activities you are wanting to get done and mark them from most important to least important.
- Give yourself more time than you think you need. This gives you some wiggle room and allows you to embrace the unexpected.
- Don’t be afraid of asking for help!
- If you have any overwhelming tasks, break them up into smaller more manageable tasks.
- Allow yourself to recharge! Rest is important and is 100% a valid form of being productive.
If you have gotten this far and are still feeling like you don’t have enough hours in the day, coaching could be for you.