If you’ve taken the plunge to turn your coaching passion into a profitable business, you’re probably realising that the journey is about more than just coaching skills. Sure, your coaching certificate and methods are invaluable, but how do you stand out in a market filled with qualified and experienced coaches?
You might be familiar with the term Unique Selling Proposition (USP), which essentially tells people why they should buy from you rather than your competitors. For many coaches they find crafting a USP hard; they don’t want to “sell’ anyone.
Let me introduce you to the idea of shifting from a ‘selling’ mindset to a ‘value-addition’ mindset. Unique Value Proposition (UVP ). A UVP, could make a world of difference for you, especially if you’re not yet comfortable with the concept of selling.
What is a Unique Value Proposition?
So, what is a UVP? It’s essentially your unique identifier in the coaching industry. The unique mix of services, experience, and approaches makes you stand out from others in your niche. What you offer adds specific value to your clients’ lives. Your UVP not only attracts the right clients but also retains them.
Crafting Your UVP
Here are some steps to help you identify your UVP:
1. Know Your Audience: Start by understanding who your target clients are. What problems are they trying to solve? What are their pain points? The better you know them, the easier it will be to tailor your services to meet their needs.
2. Analyse Competitors: Look at other coaches in your niche and identify what makes you different. Do you offer a unique methodology? Do you have a particular expertise? Perhaps your coaching style is exceptionally supportive or goal-oriented?
3. Identify Value: Once you’ve gathered this information, think about what value you can add that others can’t. It could be something as simple as offering follow-up accountability checks or providing additional resources like e-books and worksheets.
4. Keep It Simple: Your UVP should be straightforward. It should communicate clearly what you do, for whom, and how it benefits them.
5. Test and Measure: Finally, don’t hesitate to test out your UVP and adjust as necessary. As you gain more experience and feedback, you’ll get a better understanding of what truly sets you apart.
Implementing Your UVP
Once you have a compelling UVP, it should be front and centre in all your marketing materials. From your website to social media profiles and even your email signatures, your UVP should be visible everywhere.
Crafting your UVP is an ongoing process that will evolve as you gain more experience and better understand your clients’ needs. It’s a cornerstone for building a successful coaching business. When you lead with value, sales follow naturally.
For a well-defined UVP, contact Cathy today and get ready to be ahead of your competitors